Barrington Editorial provides Manuscript Critiques, Consults/Coaching, Creative Writing and Feedback Workshops--Live and Emailed.
Work can be sent by e-mail or a hardcopy through postal mail.
Note that a standard page is 250 words.
Please email to schedule.
Consults/Coaching: $100 an hour -- Brainstorm, feedback, spontaneous writing and editing. Read your work on the spot. Discuss longterm strategies on a project or your writing life in general. Discounted PACKAGES available.
General Chapter Critique/Short Story Critique (up to 4000 words)--An overview of strengths & weaknesses with general suggestions. $165. One dollar for every additional page.
Critiques on full manuscripts $750 up to 80,000 words. $1 each additional page. This will focus on story structure, logic, and character development.
Poetry Critiques available on an hourly basis.
Hidden Wisdom Writing Workshops - Finding the Words in the Writer and the Writer in the Words.
Monthly Feedback Workshop -- 4 hours. Next one:
- June 18th & July 16th 1 to 5 in Venice, $55 to hold your spot. (Fees nonrefundable) -- We begin with an improvisational writing exercise and then give constructive feedback on up to 2000 words of your fiction, narrative nonfiction, or on one long poem or 2 short poems.
JUST WRITING -- Several writing exercises, 3 hour workshop. Write & share for fun and encouragement. Jump-start new work. Not a feedback workshop. Designed to spur creative ideas and techniques. Next ones:
- July 9th from 1 to 4 in Santa Monica. $35 to hold your spot.
You will receive:
- Weekly improvisational writing exercise/ and typed feedback to encourage this seedling work.
- Constructive feedback on 3000 or 5000 words within the 4 or 8 week period.
- A 25 page REPORT on writing and editing.
- One month $285/Two Months $550. Fees nonrefundable. Full payment due at onset of workshop.
- One 30 minute phone consultation and if needed, follow up emails within reason.
AND IN THE WORKS for Early 2017:
EIGHT WEEK Jump-start your NOVEL or MEMOIR --The First 50-80 pages with a Public Reading at the end.
In eight meetings learn & practice the 8 variables for solid engaging prose & structure of your manuscript
Bring in your weekly pages for feedback
Receive instruction, handouts & Notes
Three private consultations
And a final Evaluation along with consultation on your 50 to 80 pages
Public Reading at Beyond Baroque
Limited to 4 participants
Subscribe to my BLOG: http://thewordsmithmagic.tumblr.com