- Manuscripts Critiques for partial works or short stories begin at $199; full manuscripts begin at $775/$1000 sliding scale
- Poetry Critiques
- Consultation/Coaching available at $100/hour. Monthly discounted packages available including one free workshop
- 3 hour Weekend Feedback Workshops are now offered monthly $55 - $85 sliding scale.
- Ask about the JUST WRITING Workshops offered four times a year. New Participants $45; previous participants $39
- JANUARY 2017 2 Day WEEKEND Feedback Workshop for long works $150 -- offered four times a year.
Payments accepted through PayPal with additonal 3%. Personal checks must clear before I begin work on your project.
Payment Policy: To book workshops and small jobs, please send payment in full immediately. For longer manuscripts, a deposit of half upfront is required to book and hold the time, with the balance due the week I complete the job. (See Services—Fine Print which goes out to all clients.)
THE FINE PRINT:
- Barrington Editorial does not accept horror or pornography or material that promotes racism, sexism, or homophobia.
- Rush Jobs (jobs not scheduled or work done on a weekend) is 50% the original fee.
- Payment due when services booked with payment in full for smaller jobs, deposit required for longer works of third or half to begin. Please schedule early with your deposit as there is often a several weeks wait for these services. Late payment fees are 15% on top of original fee, compounded as lateness accrues. Payment accepted through personal check—work will begin once the check clears, or through PayPal (add 3% to final project for transaction fee). Twenty percent cancellation fees apply.
- Day workshops require payment no later than 4 days prior to hold your spot. Nonrefundable & no transfers.
- Multiple Week Workshops require either payment in full or a deposit in advance of the sessions with the balance due the first meeting. Late fees apply. Fees nonrefundable. All sales are final.
- Returned check fee $35
- All manuscript story files are deleted two months after job is completed.
- General Information on editing rates in the United States: Editorial Freelancers Association Editorial Rates
- BONUS INFO -- For pleasure reading all of Susan Fletcher, British writer and recently finished her OYSTERCATCHERS; THE SILVER DARK SEA. Favorite books from recent months: THE GOLDFINCH by Donna Tartt; PEOPLE LIKE YOU by Margaret Malone (PEN/Hemingway Honor; Atelier26Books) COPENHAGEN by Michael Frayn (Anchor; Knopf/Doubleday) Favorite new discovery in recent years: Susan Fletcher author of EVE GREEN, CORRAG, and others (Fourth Estate).